You have probably heard of the Swedish Otillo race in the Stockholm Archipelago – the mother of the new sport called SwimRun.
As an innovative brand with a strong presence in Scandinavia, HUUB saw it as its obligation to develop a new type of wetsuit, that would cater for the specific requirements in this style of racing.
In SwimRun races athletes frequently alternate between swimming and running – and the wetsuit generally stays on throughout the entire race. There is no time for changing equipment. The wetsuit subsequently must not only be great for swimming, but also good for running.
At HUUB we attacked this challenge by using our flagship – the amazingly flexible Archimedes 3:5 wetsuit – as a starting point, and have made several alterations in order to also make it suited for running. We have added a front zipper, 3 inside compartments, extra flexibility for the hip flexors, and more hard wearing material on the inside of the quads and on the glutes.
The suit comes as a full suit, but has been prepared for cutting, which is typically done above the elbows and knees.
- Front zipper (in addition to rear zipper) allowing you to zip down easily during the run sections and enjoy more ventilation and more space for breathing.
- Two inside velcro compartments for gels etc, which are accessible when zipped down.
- One large inside compartment at the lower back for GPS and first aid equipment – or a fluid bladder.
- Extremely flexible neoprene panel on the top front of quads, allowing the hip flexors to move freely when running.
- Hard wearing nylon material on the inside of the quads preventing friction damage of the neoprene, and on the glutes preventing wear and tear from sliding down rocks into the water.
- The outstanding HUUB X-O Skeleton with NRB Composite which delivers optimal buoyancy and improved body alignment. This becomes even more important in SwimRun racing where athletes usually keep their shoes on while swimming.